Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Lovin'

The beautiful day put Levi in a great mood! He loves going for rides and hanging his head out the window. I see all sorts of dogs doing that this time of year and it's such a wonderful sign! Today we went into the pet store to buy some cat food, Levi's least favorite reason to go there. (to him if it's not about him what fun is it?) On our way out to the register Levi found the bones, so he helped himself to one. I always think it's adorable when he picks out his own toys/treats, so obviously I bought it for him (but he got it when I wanted him to have it). However, while we were at the pet store waiting in line, a lady saw Levi and said I really hope that guy finds his dog. Since there is a dog missing just a few towns over getting tons of spotlight I assumed that was the one she was referring. Sadly, there is news of another dog missing. The owner had left his truck at a gas pump, leaving his boxer inside, so he could go pay for the gas. When he came back outside, someone had hopped into his truck, with the dog still inside, and driven off. The truck has been located in Connecticut, but sadly, the dog was nowhere in sight. For me, I would be way more concerned with the dog than the vehicle. I mean, it would suck to have my car stolen, but at least I could buy a new one, I could never buy a new Levi. My heart hurts for the owner of this missing dog, I know I would be losing my mind thinking that my poor decision allowed my dog to be taken from me, possibly killed, at best, left somewhere unfamiliar and alone. For this family, and all others with a missing pet, I pray you are soon reunited with your beloved pet. When I was 4ish my family had our dog run away, and I remember standing out on our porch calling for our missing dog, to no avail. Hopefully I will hear more news on the dogs in my area that have gone missing, and the news will be that they are happily reunited!

Yesterday, while I was working, one of my members came up and we got talking about dogs. She went on to say how glad she was that I had my dog, and continued to talk about how happy hers made her. I have had this job for more than a year, and have been hardly able to really connect with this member, and now we have a common link! This truly reinforces my belief that dogs connect people, creating a common link. This is just one of many members that I can connect with through our pets. It's just wonderful how happy dogs can make their people, and how amazing it is that these animals become so much like a member of the family that they are spoiled as if they were literally one of the kids.

Well Levi is looking for his dinner (and his auntie to come home!). So I will go take care of the one thing that I can! Everyone please keep your pets close to you, and be grateful that you have them for another day and aren't out looking for them like some sad owners!

No comments:

Post a Comment